A Death Has Occurred
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Sunday, May 9, 2021
Sunday, May 9, 2021
Friday, May 7, 2021
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Saturday, May 1, 2021
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Friday, April 23, 2021
Saturday, April 10, 2021
COVID-19 - SPECIAL PUBLIC
YELLOW status: March 8, 2021
ALWAYS HERE TO SERVE YOU - WORKING HARD TO KEEP YOU SAFE
The Province of New Brunswick has announced that our health region will move to the less restrictive Yellow status effective Monday, March 8.
While this change does mean some easing of restrictions, it’s important to note that this is not a return to the Yellow stage as we previously experienced it. The Yellow guidelines have been updated.
Here are the key changes that will affect our operations:
- Limitations on attendance at formal indoor events is now based on a maximum of 50% capacity of a room or structure while respecting physical distancing guidelines. This will offer additional capacity in some larger churches and chapels but will have minimal effect in most areas of our funeral homes. Attendance at events continues to be by invitation or reservation. Please contact the funeral home for details.
- As long as masks are worn and two meters physical distancing is maintained, singing at services is, once again, permissible.
- Outdoor gatherings such as interments and graveside services may now include up to 50 participants with appropriate physical distancing.
Please remember that the following precautions are still in place:
- Everyone entering our buildings (including staff) will be required to undergo COVID screening and provide contact information for contact tracing purposes should that become necessary.
- Face coverings (mouth and nose) must be worn at all times in and around our buildings and when attending outdoor services at cemeteries.
- Social distancing (2 meters) must be maintained with anyone not a member of your household or ‘Steady 15’.
- Practice good hand hygiene at all times. Our funeral homes are well stocked with hand sanitizer.
- Families may enter our buildings to make funeral arrangements however those in attendance should be limited to members of the household or Steady 15, and room capacities apply. We continue to ask that you call before arriving.
- For those who prefer, we continue to offer telephone or video-conference arrangement meetings.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, have recently been exposed to someone known or thought to be infected, or have recently travelled outside of New Brunswick or into a health zone with a higher restriction level, please stay home.
• • •
Special Travel Notice
While travel to and from other New Brunswick zones with the same alert status is permitted, travel into New Brunswick from other provinces or from international points of origin is significantly restricted. A five day quarantine and negative COVID test are now necessary prior to attending a funeral service and prospective travellers must now register prior to coming to the province. In addition, there are separate requirements for entering Canada and entering New Brunswick, and both must be satisfied.
While we will work with families to make arrangements that accommodate travel restrictions, we have no ability to acquire the necessary approvals. We encourage families who may be faced with a travel situation to consult this site for full details:
Government of New Brunswick - End-of-life (palliative) visits and funerals
• • •
We would like to assure you that despite current circumstances, we remain available to serve you at all times. Our team is hard at work striving to meet the community’s needs by providing our services in a manner that is compassionate and meaningful while following closely the guidance of health authorities to protect our customers, our community and our staff.
Should you suffer a loss, our phones will always be answered and we will, as always, attend promptly to the care of the deceased.
Our funeral directors are fully prepared to outline the options available to families in these challenging times. For instance, while in-person gatherings are limited, webcast services can allow a much larger group to participate. Your funeral director can also explain what aspects of our services must be completed immediately and what can be delayed.
Our preplanning staff also remain available, by telephone, to assist you. They can answer any questions you may have about existing or new prearrangements. Contact them through the funeral homes or by visiting this page.
Finally, as we are all aware, this is difficult time for all of us but particularly so for those who have suffered a loss. We respectfully ask that you join us in promoting patience and kindness as we all help one another to get through this and back to a safer environment.
We are grateful to everyone for their understanding as we continue to address this situation and seek the best ways to protect everyone while serving those in need. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone (Paradise Row 634-7424 / Bay View 634-7425 / Kennebecasis 849-2119) or email: Info@KennebecasisFH.com